With the queues being stagnant, I see the potential for the vast majority of Goozex traders to start using InstaSwap only. This will have the effect of no one spending, or earning, new points. Thus, points become meaningless except for the auctions. Eventually, all points will be drained from trader's accounts from spending them on the auctions. At that point, the auctions will die off as well, because no one will have points to spend.
When both the queue system and the auctions become obsolete, then Goozex becomes an InstaSwap site only. Only time will tell if that system will be successful.
By presenting the idea of the InstaSwap, this tells me that Goozex Inc. is giving up on the idea of reviving the queue-based system. Veteran traders will lament this decision and will think back to when the queue system worked. But if we are going to be completely honest, the queue system never worked perfectly. Even in its heyday, traders needed much patience in waiting to get matched for games.
We have to face the fact that the queue system is dead and that change is needed. I always say that if you're not learning, you're dying, which is another way of saying, if you're not constantly improving, you're declining. In this modern world, maintaining the status quo is the same as dying. Change is needed and if that means killing off the queue system in favor of InstaSwap, then I say we have to at least give it a try.
InstaSwap is not a done deal. In fact, Goozex is only asking people what their thoughts are on implementing this idea. As it stands right now, this is the thought process on how it would work (as posted in the Goozex forum):
Some of the parameters we would institute to prevent abuse would be:
- Sellers post games on InstaSwap and list games they would take in return for their title
- The system automatically matches the InstaSwap trade and both parties are notified
- Members allowed to engage in InstaSwap would need a feedback rating of 250 or greater
- Would require the use of Goozex shipping labels by both parties
- Trades would be guaranteed by Goozex
- Goozex will replace the Points of an InstaSwap game that is not sent should a member not follow through on the swap
- Members who request a swap but do not send out a game in return will have their account immediately suspended from any further trades on Goozex until they return the game received.
This is still in the design stages and has not been agreed to at this time, so before we get too far into the concept we thought we would get some feedback and suggestions from you.
If you do have ideas or suggestions for InstaSwap, you can find the forum thread here.